New Update!

Hello everyone. All of my Reviews, that I have yet to write, will be posted sporadically during the summer. After the end of this summer, I will not be posting on here anymore, as you will see the info on the right side of the blog.
Thanks for your understanding.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Looper *Film Review*


Looper (2012)
Directed & Written By: Rian Johnson

Film Trailer

Review

I honestly did not know what to expect from this Film. I had heard about it and yeah it sounded interesting but I was not sure if I was going to see it in Theaters or just rent it at my local Blockbuster. Well...I'm so glad I saw it, really! A few weeks ago, after one of my night classes, a friend and I just drove over to a local  Theater and saw it, and a couple hours later,  we were just mystified on how good it was!

Now, this story takes place in the future, and basically when the mob wants to get rid of a person, they send them in a time travel thing, and it sends them 30 years into the past, to only get shot by a Looper, when they arrive right on schedule. Now, that's just how the routine goes, and Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) has known the drill for a while, but things get tricky when the person he's supposed to shoot, is his future self (Bruce Willis)...interesting right? Well, after a surprising action at that confrontation, the routine, and things are not the same again, and well you just gotta see what happens then, because, it was just a thrilling ride of action and a whole lot of other stuff!

What really interested me about this film, were the actors; they were just so good! I really like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I do; he's a great actor, and this film really brought out another type of character that we don't normally see, so that was wonderful. Bruce Willis is the older Joe, and he was really great too, and both of these actors, these characters were just so n-sync. Emily Blunt is in this too, and I really like her; she's a wonderful actress and we don't really see her until hmm I want to say, sorta in the middle of the film, and her character and her character's son brings a whole new thrilling element to the plot, so keep on the look out for that. There is a mild romance here and I think it was written out, acted out just like it was supposed too....

What else to write? This film was made really well, and the writing/dialogue were great; there were a lot of cool action scenes, some humor, and it just had a really cool Sci-Fi setting, so if you're interested in that, I think you'll really like this film. There are adult factors here, so I do recommend this for Adults. So, if you have already seen this film, let me know what you thought; if you haven't, I definitely recommend this film and hope you see it really soon! :)

My Rating: 9/10
MPAA Rating: Rated R (Adult Content-Language, Violence, Nudity, Sexual & Drug Content)

4 comments:

  1. I only wanted to see it because I am a Bruce Willis fan and it sounded interesting. I thought it was okay but found it to be rather confusing at times and though I understood the ending I am not sure if I like the ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Willis was pretty good in this film. I at first was not so sure about the ending, but my friend and I talked about it more and thought it just made sense, like what happened was just for the best. Anyways, thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I am like you i think we seen another side of joseph goardon-levitt in this role. I thought he was great. I thought the movie was great. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, he was wonderful in this role. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

I love to read what you have to write and I like to write back, so feel free to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger