New Update!

Hello everyone. All of my Reviews, that I have yet to write, will be posted sporadically during the summer. After the end of this summer, I will not be posting on here anymore, as you will see the info on the right side of the blog.
Thanks for your understanding.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Feature & Follow *2*

**Hi everyone! Last week was my first time participating in this Feature, and it was just so wonderful, and I look forward to re-meet Bloggers & meet New Ones, Follow New Blogs & Visit Ones I already Follow. I hope you comment below, and leave your Blog Name and I will for sure follow you and comment on your FF Post! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :) **


Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet  people and gain more  followers in the book blogging community.


Q: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?


Hmmm... I honestly don't mind. I mean now there are books that I think many know that were inspired by a certain well known series... you know what I'm going to write... ;) The Twilight Series. I think its great that books like Twilight inspired stories that I actually have enjoyed reading because it does essentially have a different story, such as Gabriel's Inferno and yes Fifty Shades, but really this is just my opinion and there's probably going to be more Novels that were perhaps Fanfic, and if it's well written and just has a good refreshing story/plot, then I'm all for it. 

What do you think?

~Marissa
**************************************

RULES
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
    1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
    2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
    3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
    4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
    5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
    6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
    7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
    8. If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

38 comments:

  1. I went on a spree reading vampire books after reading Twilight, and I was glad to see that there were so many different takes on the subject. I totally agree with you- if a book is well-written and has its own unique twist on an idea, I'll give it a read.

    New GFC follower. :) Our FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just commented on your Blog; thanks again for following! :)

      Delete
  2. If it's done well, I don't mind. If it's copies page by page and names are just changed, I will probably put it down. Old follower via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you say, if there's just a new twist, new names, just a different feel then I'll read it.
      I'll take a look right now at your sites :)

      Delete
  3. I am not a fan-fic fan at all. I don't read any of that stuff. But I don't mind a new spin on other stories if the author twists it around a little. Some stories are so universal that it’s almost a given that they will be retold, like The Iliad and the Odyssey. The story is an archetype of the hero’s journey.

    New follow via GFC.

    Julie~ New Adult Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well. That's true. I don't really mind fanfics. Since everyone knows, they're fanfics. lOL. Old follower~

    Cindy @ http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read my share of fanfics (that's an understatement, to be honest, lol) but I've never imagined them being published until 50 Shades came out. And that book was just.. not good. But I agree with you, it all depends on how the author makes it their own. New follower! :)

    My FF post @ Her Fiction Fix

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. New follower! So you liked 50 Shades? I really want to read it. I'm #140 on the hold list at the library...down from #400...I can't bring myself to pay for it though.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison! Thanks for Following! :)
      You know what, I really think Fifty Shades was not that bad. It's the first in the trilogy, and I actually liked the 2nd and 3rd book better, but honestly I liked this book because, to me, it was a Love story that was just different, not the same like others, but it had it's own flair, and besides the "love scenes" there was some character development/thrilling like scenes that I actually liked reading and so everyone is going to and has already made their opinions about this story, and I totally respect that, but for me, it was a good story and I feel there's just so much more story/plot development in the next 2 books but this first one was not too bad, so I hope you read it soon :)

      Delete
  7. Newest follower hopping on through from Parajunkee's FF :)

    -Kate the Book Buff
    Recent Post: Feature and Follow: Whaddya Think of Bookish Copycats and Fanfic?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to read fanfic, but I don't like it when an author takes that same fanfic - using someone elses characters completely - and only changes the names and maybe the kind they are and earns money on it.

    I am a new linky and Networked Blogs follower.

    Here's my
    FF post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by/Following and commenting :)

      Delete
  9. Hi,

    I'm enjoying the blog hop, which has brought me to your site today. It's a great looking site, by the way.

    Kind regards,
    Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!
    Just hopping by :)
    New follower via GFC :)
    My F&F: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, will take a look at your site :)

      Delete
  11. I haven't read Fifty Shades, yet. Maybe one day :)
    Hopping through.
    New GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might Review it soon and the other two, to just share my view :)
      Thanks for stopping by and following!

      Delete
  12. Great answer; I completely agree! New GFC follower :)
    World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good answer, just hopping by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay now I might offend Twilight fans but seriously, it seems like Twilight has been the factor that changed the industry drastically and I think the reason why some authors "get inspired" by Twilight is because it sold millions but asides that it didn't really give us anything new asides the glitter and the suicidal chic. :P i have to agree though that fan fiction, when written right does make a whole difference. It was nice to drop by here, enjoy the hop and have a nice weekend!

    - Mary Grace @ The Solitary Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Grace!
      Thanks for your honest answer. I'm not the biggest Twilight fan out there, but I appreciate new authors that might have been inspired to write, new writers that thought they would never become a writer, or some that finally took the plunge to write their own story and I am all for these new authors that right something different, that gives that new feel; that's what I look for :)

      Thank you again for your thoughts and for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  15. Hi! New follower!
    I agree. As long as it's a refreshing take on it then I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan for commenting & for Following! :)

      Delete
  16. I'm glad you enjoy those series, I think they'd annoy me too much at times :-/ Though I haven't tried yet, so I can't say for sure! Good point though :D

    I'm a new follower :D Here is my FFF

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great answer!!!! Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great answer! I completely agree! Thanks for visiting my blog and I'm following back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi new follower. You know what they say, there are no new stories on different characters. Here's my link PageGirlsPageofBookReviews Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I'll go and check out your site now :)

      Delete

I love to read what you have to write and I like to write back, so feel free to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger