New Update!

Hello everyone. All of my Reviews, that I have yet to write, will be posted sporadically during the summer. After the end of this summer, I will not be posting on here anymore, as you will see the info on the right side of the blog.
Thanks for your understanding.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Feature & Follow *1*

**Hey everyone! This is my first time posting this Feature and I'm just excited to get the opportunity to get to Follow More Blogs, Meet Bloggers, and to hopefully get some more Followers, so here you go :) **

Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet  people and gain more  followers in the book blogging community.



Q: What is a deal breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can’t deal with bad editing?


Hmmm well I'm pretty open minded when reading a story. If I'm reading from one POV, two or three, I'm good with that. If there is no specific POV and I'm reading in the third person, again I'm fine with that. I believe whatever written by the Author is for a reason and thus serves the story. I heard that phrase 'whatever serves the story' in one of my creative writing classes and find it to be so true, so for me, it just depends on the story, so I don't really have a deal breaker because I just read one story at a time, and if I do not like something, it would be from that particular novel, but a thought coming into mind, I yes, I think bad editing can maybe get in the way of enjoying/following the story, so that would definitely be a factor when I'm reading. 

Thank you so much for reading this, and I look forward to reading what many of you have to write! :)

- Marissa 


23 comments:

  1. I too am pretty open minded and it takes a lot to get me to stop reading a book. Excessive typos or missing words are annoying. I'm a new follower via GFC and would love for you to visit me when you can...

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Just commented on your post and followed your great blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to your first FF!!

    Good response. I have to admit that I prefer to read from first person POV but if the story is good then it dosen't really matter.

    New Follower :)

    You can visit me @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit at times, maybe because I've lately read a lot of stories from the first person POV, but yeah I'm usually good with any perspective/narrative.
      And thank you again for following and I just followed/commented on your blog :)

      Delete
  3. Hello! Congrats on this being your first FF, this too is my first one! I guess I have never thought of it that way! Great way to keep an open mind! I am a new follower here is my FF http://yellsworld.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-and-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for following and commenting here! Just did the same to your really nice blog! :)

      Delete
  4. I could handle a few typos but bad editing is a huge problem. Too many mistakes can make the read less worthwhile. New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, too many mistakes can be a real turn off at times.
      Also, thank you for commenting/following. I will head to your site right now! :)

      Delete
  5. Bad editing is definitely a negative for me too. :D New follower via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting and following my blog! :)

      Delete
  6. Bad editing in non-self-published novels drives me bonkers, too. Even in self-published novels bad editing can only go so far.

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answer, Marissa! It's so cool that the story is what matter to you and the rest can be sort of side-stepped. Also, I really like your blog name! :D

    New follower here!

    It would be great if you could stop by my Feature and Follow Friday post.
    We also have an INT PB Giveaway (Murmur Of The Lonely Brook by Debashis Dey) going on, do participate if you like!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarika! I appreciate your lovely comment and will visit your site now :)

      Delete
  8. Welcome at feature and follow! :D

    I'm happy to see that you are so open minded! I wish I could be easier sometimes ;)

    FF @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for commenting and welcoming me to this really cool feature; I really like it! :)
      I will be visiting your site...now! :)

      Delete
  9. I totally agree with bad editing.

    http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting! Just commented on your site :)

      Delete
  10. Great answer!!

    New Follower via GFC. Would love for you to stop by blog and check it out and follow back if you could. :)

    Christine
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following & commenting! :)
      I'll check your site right now!

      Delete
  11. Great answer! New follower via GFC and Linky : )

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for following! I'll check out your post/site now! :)

      Delete
  12. That's a great answer. It's good to be open-minded! You could miss out on a really good book if you just give up on it because of one little cliche or something.

    I’m a new follower by GFC. You can find my FF here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting/following. I just did the same on your blog :)

      Delete

I love to read what you have to write and I like to write back, so feel free to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger