New Update!

Hello everyone. All of my Reviews, that I have yet to write, will be posted sporadically during the summer. After the end of this summer, I will not be posting on here anymore, as you will see the info on the right side of the blog.
Thanks for your understanding.

Monday, April 1, 2013

The Only Exception By: Magan Vernon *Review*



Book Description
**Due to sexual content and heavy subject matter, this book is recommended for ages 16+**

Fiercely liberal Monica Remy prefers to blend in. Despite her tattoos, piercings, and outspoken personality, she transferred to Central to escape—before she finds out that her next door neighbor is the uber conservative governor's son, Trey Chapman.

No matter how hard she tries to avoid Trey, he still finds a way to get under her skin. Monica can’t stand his crisp white shirts or his staunch views on women. But she can’t help counting every freckle on his face and wondering what it would feel like to have him stop talking politics and kiss her.

A class debate project forces the unlikely pair to work together, and the political lines are blurred in late-night make out sessions. But despite their fiery chemistry, Trey’s politics threatens to smother their relationship for good.
Magan Vernon is a Young Adult and New Adult writer who lives with her family in the insurance capital of the world. She is in a very serious, fake relationship with Adam Lambert and constantly asks her husband to wear guyliner. He still refuses. She also believes her husband is secretly an alien, disguised as a southern gentleman.




Author Bio
Magan Vernon started out by writing olympic fan fiction and now writes YA and New Adult fiction. She lives with her husband and kids in the insurance capital of the world and still dreams of winning an olympic gold medal for most books read in a single sitting. You can find her online at www.maganvernon.com


My Review
*Thanks to the Author, for a Review Copy!*

Wow, this was an awesome read! When I first read the book description, I was hooked, because I was genuinely interested in the political aspect, and it did tie in really well, to the overall story. Now, I gotta say, that I relate to Monica in some ways, including some of her liberal views but... if there was a Trey Chapman, living next door to me or if we met in class, or wherever, I think I would definitely make an 'exception.' But anyway, Monica at first, will not fall for Trey, because ultimately, she's just not ready for any relationship, because of something she went through, at her previous college; the college she transferred from. Because of what she unfortunately went through, that ties  with a hot political issue that Trey's Dad (the Governor) currently is against, and her real life situation is somehow in the middle of a class debate, that she is partnered with? Guess who...yes Trey, of course ;) 

There is some tension, but Monica sees that Trey is not that guy, the one that did not give her the choice that evening back at her old college, and Trey is just different than some others, so over time, she begins to fall into a friendship, that goes into a romantic relationship that gets quite steamy, and let me just say, was written really well. I loved the writing, as you have read, because it's a good flow, and also seems believable. There is the issue of rape, and I think how Monica overcomes that situation, gives hope, gives strength, that one is a 'survivor' likes it is mentioned in the book, but there's more to that, and it's explained wonderfully in the story, as Monica gets her identity back, when she is faced with the past, and so I recommend this, if you enjoy a good romance, a college setting (It's New Adult & It Fits perfectly with this genre!!), a character that overcomes obstacles, and there's a little political twist, so with that written, I hope you do read it! :)

My Rating: 4.5/5
I say a Strong PG-13 Rating (I receommend Ages 16+ as there's some Mature Content)

2 comments:

I love to read what you have to write and I like to write back, so feel free to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger