New Update!

Hello everyone. All of my Reviews, that I have yet to write, will be posted sporadically during the summer. After the end of this summer, I will not be posting on here anymore, as you will see the info on the right side of the blog.
Thanks for your understanding.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Release Me (Stark Trilogy #1) By: J. Kenner


*Thank you NetGalley for providing a Review copy for my honest review!*

*And Just To Let You Know, this is an Adult Read, and there are some Erotica elements, so I do Recommend this for Ages 18+!!


Book Description Via Goodreads

For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes an erotic, emotionally charged romance between a powerful man who’s never heard “no” and a fiery woman who says “yes” on her own terms. 
 
He was the one man I couldn’t avoid. And the one man I couldn’t resist. 
 
Damien Stark could have his way with any woman. He was sexy, confident, and commanding: Anything he wanted, he got. And what he wanted was me.

Our attraction was unmistakable, almost beyond control, but as much as I ached to be his, I feared the pressures of his demands. Submitting to Damien meant I had to bare the darkest truth about my past—and risk breaking us apart.

But Damien was haunted, too. And as our passion came to obsess us both, his secrets threatened to destroy him—and us—forever.
Release Me is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.


My Review

Wow, this was one enrapturing story, that I just could not stop reading! I think first of all, the characters were written really well. Nikki, to me felt like a relatable character, and she was written out with believable traits. She's intelligent, has aspirations to create her own company, has had a bad relationship that definitely ripped out her heart, and she has intense scars, from  when she used to cut. She doesn't feel desirable...until billionaire Damien Stark, crosses her path...again. Now, Damien has had a bad history too, but with determination and a successful tennis career, that has long passed, he has been very successful in other business ventures. 

I believe how they make a deal, to only do 'business' is very interesting, but also unique, as you will see how Damien, in ways, knocks down the walls of Nikki's insecurities, and wow, he is just described as caring, maybe even loving, and these are traits that nobody ever sees, so he's surprised himself, that this woman, Nikki, is doing something to him, making him feel something that I don't think he has ever felt, but there is a looming mystery behind this man, and when Nikki finds out something that happened months prior, she's just not sure, if she could be with Damien...

What I also enjoyed, was that in the middle of the story, there were a few scenes that actually took place in my hometown. I have only seen that in a couple of other stories, where my town is briefly mentioned, but to actually read them in an area I know pretty well, I gotta say, that's exciting :)

Now to the writing. I thought there was a flow, that just kept me interested, to see what would happen next. There were some scenes, that ok, seem perhaps a little predictable, but the ending, actually surprised me, and I actually like what happens, and now I want to know what happens next in book 2!

My Rating: 4.5/5
R-Rated! (Mature Sexual Content & Some Language) 18+

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good read and I will be adding it to mt "to read" list. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to write and I like to write back, so feel free to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger